Student Safety Abroad: Confidentiality Statement
The personal information contained in the Student Safety Abroad Registry is subject to the BC Freedom and Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the “Act”).
Under section 30 of the Act, UBC and its employees have an obligation to protect personal information from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure or disposal.
For further information on the Act, please see the Office of University Counsel website at: http://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/access-and-privacy/
All users of the Registry are responsible for complying with the following policy:
Policy 104 – Acceptable Use and Security of UBC Electronic Information and Systems:
In addition, users who use mobile devices (laptops, tablets or smartphones) to access the Registry must also comply with the following Information Security Standard:
Information Security Standard on Mobile Access to Services and Data
By checking “I AGREE” below, you agree to be responsible for the confidentiality and security of the information in the Registry by complying with the above requirements and ensuring that:
I AGREE *
- Information is shared only with other authorized users.
- Information displayed on my computer or mobile device is only visible to authorized users.
- Information is used only for the purpose it was collected.
- Account security is strictly enforced:
- I will not share my computer account.
- I will change my password regularly.
- Information is not deleted or modified without authority.